Re: [Serialization] SCHEMA-B

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:07:30 -0400
To: holstege@mathling.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Mary,

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of the XML Schema
Working Group:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xpath-datamodel-20031112/#ElementNodeAccessors

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xpath-datamodel-20031112/#AttributeNodeAccessors

> (see dm:string-value)
>
> We found 1 location where how to "cast to string is directly described,
>
> [3]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xpath-functions-20031112/#casting-to-string

     Thanks to you and to the working group for this comment.

     The XSL and XML Query Working Groups discussed the comment, and
agreed that the description should indicate that Section 2 of
Serialization should refer to a normative definition of casting to string.
 The working groups decided the normative definition should be that found
in the Functions and Operators draft.[3]

     May I ask you to confirm that the working group finds the response
acceptable?

Thanks,

Henry [On behalf of the XSL and XML Query Working Groups]
[4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/0262.html
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com