Re: [Serialization] SCHEMA-B

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:07:30 -0400
To: holstege@mathling.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of the XML Schema
Working Group:

> [B] [Section 2: Serializing Arbitrary Data Models] "cast as xs:string"
is a
> key phrase in this section. To improve readability, there should be a
> pointer to what "cast as xs:string" means.
> We found 2 locations where how to "cast as xs:string" is indirectly
> described,
> [1]

> (see dm:string-value)
> [2]

> (see dm:string-value)
> We found 1 location where how to "cast to string is directly described,
> [3]

     Thanks to you and to the working group for this comment.

     The XSL and XML Query Working Groups discussed the comment, and
agreed that the description should indicate that Section 2 of
Serialization should refer to a normative definition of casting to string.
 The working groups decided the normative definition should be that found
in the Functions and Operators draft.[3]

     May I ask you to confirm that the working group finds the response

Henry [On behalf of the XSL and XML Query Working Groups]
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development