Re: questionable syntax choices

From: <scott_boag@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:09:06 -0400
To: "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkmann@AGEDWARDS.com>
Cc: "'public-qt-comments@w3.org'" <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

> 2) Smilies are an odd choice for comment delimiters.  Why choose
> something that isn't used by any other common programming languages?

Hi Mark. Do you have a concrete suggestion for an alternative?  As I think
Mike Kay pointed out, we have considered quite a few other delimiters, and
have indeed taken into consideration a survey of existing languages.  But
if you have an alternative that you feel is clearly better, I would be
interested (I have my own gripes with Smilies).  But nothing with slashes
or stars please.

-scott