From: Michael Rys [mailto:mrys@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 1:24 PM
To: Volkmann, Mark
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: RE: questionable syntax choices

Thanks. While I somewhat agree with your points 1 and 2 (I would have
preferred {-- --}), I don't think one person's like or dislike of the
semantics is reason enough to change it given the potential disruption to
the general grammar.

Also, many modern languages use := for assignment since it is not the same
as the comparison =. And being able to express this semantics in a
non-context sensitive way seems better than the opposite.

Just speaking for myself....

Michael

  _____