From: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-qt-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Michael Rys
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 4:08 PM
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: MS-FO-LC1-017: cast untypedAtomic to other type with arithmetic
and compare ops.

Class: Editorial

Why don't we cast untypedAtomic to other type instead of directly to
xs:double and use xs:double only as fallback for arithmetic and compare?

This would mean that an expression such as xs:untypedAtomic(1)+1 results
in an integer(2) instead of a double(2.0e0) as it does now.

It would also be more consistent with the handling of untypedAtomic when
passing it to a function.