RE: Overloading functions in XSLT and XQuery

Because it adds complexity to the language and to the implementations
and it may contradict a future overloading based on the type signature
that is preferred by many members but which was postponed to Vnext.

We designed the built-in overloaded functions that either approach
should work, but allowing users to overload would lock us in.

Best regards
Michael