Re: [DM] namespace nodes

I believe the 12 Nov draft has been updated to address these issues.

/ "Kay, Michael" <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com> was heard to say:
| I agree with you, I think the text is wrong. There should never be a
| namespace node whose string value (namespace URI) is zero-length, as
| namespace nodes always represent the declaration of a namespace and not the
| undeclaration.
|
| I think that it is now possible in XSLT to create a parentless namespace
| node: viz
|
| <xsl:variable name="ns" as="node()">
|   <xsl:namespace name="my">namespace.uri</xsl:namespace>
| </xsl:variable>
|
| Though this probably isn't what was envisaged when the DM spec was written -
| at one time there was an idea that namespace nodes would be "shared" between
| elements in some way.
|
| Michael Kay

|> |  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|> |  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|> |  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm