RE: Incremental transformations

Thanks for drawing my attention to this interesting paper.

I think it has always been part of the design philosophy of XSLT that by
keeping the language side-effect-free, incremental transformation would be
possible. This paper seems to suggest that this assuption is correct. If
anyone wants to propose specific changes to the language that are needed in
order to develop incremental processors, then the Working Group would be
happy to look at such suggestions. However, "specifying incremental XSLT
processors" is outside the WG's scope: we only specify the language, not
details of how implementations should work.

Regards,