RE: Multiple result-documents, client-side transformations, and U RIs

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 06:25:16 +0200
To: "B. Smedberg" <bsmedberg@covad.net>, public-qt-comments@w3.org

B. Smedberg wrote:

> After further reading, I now understand that the href specified in
> result-document is relative to an implementation-defined URI.
> And that
> the nature of this URI is outside the scope of the XSLT spec.
>
> However, I still feel that a standardized protocol for (absolute URI)
> linking to result-documents would be a significant aid, even if these
> links were transformed internally by browser implementations to other
> formats. Is there a WG to consider the xslt: URI scheme as a
> separate spec?

I don't think this is within the scope of the XSL WG's activity. Although
the activity seems worthwhile, I don't think I can offer advice on how it
would be best to pursue this: you need to talk to other vendors in the same
line of business to see whether there is scope for agreeing a common
approach.

Michael Kay