RE: [F&O] 10.2 and 10.2.1

We discussed this comment today.  We have decided to consistently use
the phrase "local name" and to add a definition of this term that it is
equivalent to the "Namespaces in XML" term "local part".  In addition we
will add a definition of our "namespace URI" term.

> In the table at the beginning of 10.2 reference is made to "local
names"
> when
> "local parts" is the term used in Namespaces in XML.

Therefore we have agreed to change the second entry in this table to use
the term "local name".

> In 10.2.1 the term "local-name part" is used when what is intended is
> "local
> part". It is easy to confuse that with the similarly named
local-name()
> function.

And we agreed to change "local-name parts" to "local names".

Please let us know if you are not satisfied with the resolution of this
comment.

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com

Replace "local-name part" to "local names".