What would break if ... ?

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:59:05 EDT
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
I guess that at least several of the members of the WGs are aware of
discussions ongoing on XML-Dev and on XSL-List.

One question which I would like to pose to the WGs is, "What would break if
we abolished the xdt types and just allowed xsd:string in those places where
xdt types are currently proposed?".

I guess I could embellish the question with lots of further questions and
comment but it would help me, and possibly others, to understand what might
happen with that possible change.

Andrew Watt