Re: data model: parent of namespace nodes

Kay, Michael wrote:

> The intention is that the model is the same as the XPath 1.0 model, i.e.
> there is a one-to-many relationship between element nodes and namespace
> nodes, this relationship is called "dm:namespaces" in one direction and
> "dm:parent" in the other.

The XPath 1.1 specification (section 5.4) says:  "Elements never
share namespace nodes: if one element node is not the same node
as another element node, then none of the namespace nodes of the
one element node will be the same node as the namespace nodes of
another element node."

(This seems awfully wasteful, though I guess implementors can
create the namespace nodes on-demand.)

The quoted section expressly contradicts the Example in appendix D
of the Data Model document, where all the elements have the same
set of namespace nodes:
dm:namespaces(E2)  =  ([N1], [N2], [N3], [N4], [N5])
--
	--Per Bothner