XQuery 1.0 - 4.1. Namespace Declarations

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:56:41 EST
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

In 4.1 the production for a namespace declaration refers to URLLiteral yet
the text goes on to refer to URI. Given the potential differences between
what is or is not a URL or URI, I wonder whether some redrafting is needed.

Line 1 of the text of 4.1 begins "A namespace declaration defines a namespace
prefix ...". In what sense does a namespace declaration *define* a namespace
prefix? I suggest that rewording be considered.

In line 2 what is the meaning of "valid URI"?

Andrew Watt