Re: Path Expression question

Jeff Kenton <jkenton@datapower.com> wrote:
> I would prefer to have this stated explicitly in the grammar than to
> have to find it in the lexical state tables.

Yes, I agree completely, I did not mean to infer otherwise.

> (In fact, I suggested
> in another thread that the lexical state tables be removed from the
> document, in order to force the grammar to be complete and
> consistent by itself.)

This has been discussed by the WG several times now.  So far, we've opted
to keep it, and keep it normative  -- implementors have found it useful,
and no matter how detailed we are in the prose, the tables do clearly
disambiguate the grammar in a declarative fashion.

-scott