From: Noemí Matías [mailto:nmatias2000@hotmail.com]
Sent: 21 June 2003 12:13
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Cc: Noemí
Subject: XPath or XQuery

Hello all.
I´m new at XQuery and XPath and I´m not clear about how it works.

I have a set of xml documents in a directory and I need to select the
documents that satisfy a condition from a Java application. For example, to
select all documents whose node Name was 'John'. I don´t want to use any
kind of database.
So, is it possible to make this query with XPath?. Can only XPath use to
make a query to one document or can it make querys to a set of documents?.
Should I use XQuery?.
Thanks in advance.

 Noemí