Re: node equality: fn:node-equal()

P.S.

I wrote:
(sorry for quoting myself)
 > I hope that an initiative like EXSLT will design and specify a
 > comprehensive library of useful functions for XSLT 2, which can be
 > implemented natively by XSLT processors (not written in XSLT, but in
 > the language the processor is written in, eg C++ or Java).

... if the W3C doesn't.

If still hope that the W3C will (continue to) design, grow, and specify
a comprehensive standard library, required for conformance for all
implementations or only for a specific category of implementations (the
latter would be acceptable for me).

Initiatives like EXSLT then can provide additional facilities, which
might be regarded by some as less general or less widely applicable, or
which are prototypes of candidates for future versions of XSLT and
related languages.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/