RE: MS-FO-LC1-047: 7.5.2 fn:matches

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:18:46 +0200
To: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>, "Kay, Michael" <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>, public-qt-comments@w3.org

Setting the flag to "m" (multi-line mode) means that each line is considered
separately, so ^ and $ match the end of a line. In the absence of this flag,
the entire string is considered as a single unit.

This may be confusing, but it is exactly how multi-line mode works in Java
and in Perl.

Michael Kay