RE: ORA-DM-PARENT-ACCESSOR 4.1 Accessors

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:50:45 +0200
To: Stephen Buxton <stephen.buxton@oracle.com>, public-qt-comments@w3.org
Since we're stuck with the assymmetry of the child and parent axes at the
user level (for backwards compatibility), what good would it do to make the
relationships cleaner at the data model level, which isn't visible to the
user?

I've argued in the past that the only problem with the current structure is
the nomenclature. If we talked about "members" rather than "children", there
wouldn't be an issue.

But the terminology of the XPath data model has been around for 3.5 years
now, and it will be more confusing to change it than to leave it alone.

Michael Kay