Data Model - 4.2.1

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:22:22 EST
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

In Data Model 4.2.1 it is stated that the XQuery 1.0 document node is
"essentially identical" to an XPath 1.0 root node. I am dubious about that

My understanding of an XPath 1.0 root node is that it was limited to having
only one element node child, which is not the case for the XQuery 1.0
document node. So they are not identical.

I suggest that the WG consider revising the statement in 4.2.1.

In addition in numbered points 2, 3 and 4 I suggest that "document" be
replaced by "document node". This will avoid confusion when the reader then
reads about a "well-formed document" (not a node) immediately afterwards.

Andrew Watt