Re: Full-text search WDs 20030214

Michael.Kay@softwareag.com writes:

> > At the risk of stating the obvious (or what I assume to be
> > the obvious) could
> > it be made clear in title of the next WD for the following documents,
> >
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlquery-full-text-requirements/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlquery-full-text-use-cases
>
> >that they apply to XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0? Assuming that is, in fact,
> the
>
> >case.
>
> It's not the case. This work is proceeding on a separate timescale from
> XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0. The idea is to integrate it when it is ready,
> which will almost certainly be after XQuery 1.0.

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I used the term "apply to" not "are part of".

In my (casual?) approach the unqualified term "XPath" refers to XPath 1.0. In
the WG's casual approach is something different intended by the unqualified
term XPath? Presumably it is.

Am I correct in assuming that the full-text search material does *not*, for
example, apply to XPath 1.0 and is not usable with XPath 1.0? Should that not
be made clearer?

Andrew Watt