Re: unique IDs for fn:id() and interaction with XSLT temporary trees

David Carlisle wrote:

> > In any event, I don't see any facility for performing validation on the
> > infoset that goes into the construction of XSLT 2.0's temporary trees,
>
> You missed xslt section 19.2 validation  especially 19.2.1 which allows
> validation to be applied to constructed elements, and the type
> annotations to be preserved if those elements end up in a temporary tree
> in a variable.

OK, thanks, I did miss that (and now I am wondering how), but 19.2.2 says
"Validation is never applied to temporary trees, nor to document nodes created
using xsl:message, even if the default-validation attribute of the containing
xsl:stylesheet element requests validation."

Does this intend to say that a temporary tree's element & attribute nodes
actually can be validated individually as they are created, but that a
temporary tree's document node cannot be validated at any time?

-Mike