RE: [XQuery] static typing of node comparisons

First, unless I explicitly say otherwise, my answers are not the
official W3C position.

Second, we are certainly interested in interoperability. However, at
least some members of the WG are also realists in understanding that
different platforms will always have minor differences in numeric
precision etc.

That some implementations will be statically conservative and some
implementations will choose the dynamic typing will reduce the
interoperable set to the queries that are statically correct. Given the
trade-off and that there is a way to make the dynamic checks explicit, I
find this "interoperability issue" to be of minor concern.

Best regards
Michael