Re: [xslt2 func/op] tokenizing "abba" to ("a","b","b","a")

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:38:09 +0200
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
CC: Jim Melton <jim.melton@acm.org>

Jim

 > That is why the rule was not written to read "If the supplied $pattern
 > matches a zero-length string and nothing else,...". While the chosen
 > semantics might be different from your (apparent) favorite language,
 > ruby,

It is indeed my favourite language, I recommend to try it out :)
As anything else it has it's pros/cons, but it's fun to work with.

But I just used it to illustrate stuff, and also to show what I would
expected (stating it would be "commonly expected regex behaviour" was
indeed quite speculative, sorry).

I know that the F/O WG chose different behaviour/semantics; I hope it
will prove to be useful in everyday work. (I'm not sure about the
usefulness of all those zero-length strings in the result sequence for
example)

 > Nonetheless, we appreciate comments and suggested improvements!

Happy to be of help.

I appreciate your work on all this!

So far I've experienced great joy but also bad headaches while working
with XSLT 2.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/