RE: MS-FO-LC1-048: shortest vs longest match.

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashokma@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:57:43 -0700
To: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Michael:

The text says...
"The effect of these quantifiers is that the regular expression matches
the shortest possible substring consistent with the match as a whole
succeeding. In the absence of these quantifiers, the regular expression
matches the longest possible substring."

I'm not sure which example in fn:tokenize you think is wrong.  If can be
more specific, I'll take a look.

All the best, Ashok