RE: ORA-FO-DEEPEQUAL-NIL 15.2.1 fn:deep-equal

My understanding is that the xsi:nil attribute is not directly
accessible for validated elements.  It is, instead, reflected in a
'nilled'

property.  So we need to make this change to fn:deep-equal.

My hesitation in making this change is because I don't know what happens
if the element is not validated and typed as "anyType".

The datamodel document says the nilled property is not set.  See quote
below.  Does this mean I can access the xsi:nil attribute?

Or is this information not available at all?

Norm, can you please clarify.

<quote>

If the [validity] property exists on an element node and is "valid" then
nilled may be set. The nilled property is never set for nodes that have
not been successfully schema validated.

</quote>

All the best, Ashok