F&O Summary of functions in sect 8.6 seems misleading

From: John Mercado <johnkmercado@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:26:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: XQuery Comments <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

In the table summarizing the timezone functions in section 8.6, the add-timezone* functions say that they return a value "with a timezone, whether explicit or implicit"  Don't all the values returned by the add-timezone functions have explicit timezones?  Can you give me an example of why one would be implicit?  I thought the whole point of the functions was to add an explicit time zone.

Thanks,

John