RE: XPath 2.0 - 2.1.2 - self::node() and .

We do not currently have any place in the XPath 2.0 document that summarizes
changes since XPath 1.0, except in cases where the specification is not
backwards-compatible. Clearly, such a summary would be useful to some
people, but it would be non-normative, and it is perhaps best produced not
as part of the specification, but in the form of articles like the one
written by Evan Lenz [1]

Michael Kay

[1] http://www.xml.com/pub/au/135