Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:57:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Svgdeveloper@aol.com
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: XQuery 1.0 - 2.2 "Collection"

The description in 2.2 of the xf:collection function is confusing, to me
at
least.

A collection is said to be any sequence of nodes but a sequence is defined

elsewhere as a collection of both nodes and atomic values. So, by that
latter
definition it isn't that kind of sequence at all.

Also it doesn't seem helpful to define a collection by using a term which
is
itself defined in terms of an (ordered) collection.

A similar lack of clarity/consistency seems to afflict 14.5.4 in Functions

and Operators.

Andrew Watt