RE: tokenize needed

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:43:27 +0200
To: Dan Holmsand <dan@eyebee.com>, public-qt-comments@w3.org
> This is simply a vote for Issue 143 in Functions and Operators: a
> tokenize function is badly needed in XSLT.
>
> In particular: As far as I can see, there is no other way to
> deal with
> space delimited content ( la XML Schema list types) in the
> absence of a schema.

I agree we do need the ability to tokenize a string. I'm working on a
proposal for regular expression handling (it's now on its third iteration)
which will meet this requirement, although it might be a little heavyweight
for simple splitting of a space-delimited string. We could look at providing
a convenience function to make easy cases easy.

Michael Kay