Data Model 3.3

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 09:35:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
I have a number of specific suggestions to make regarding Chapter 3.3 of the
Data Model WD.

1. In the first paragraph the PSVI is referred to without a link. Either a
link should be provided to W3C XML Schema Part I or (probably better) a
self-contained document should be provided introducing PSVI in a clear,
manner and, if possible, avoiding newcomers to XQuery having to grapple with
W3C XML Schema Part I.

2. Reference is made to "schema-validated" documents and "DTD-valid"
documents. The terms should structured the same way.

3. When reference is made to documents not conforming to Namespaces in XML a
reference should be added to clarify whether version 1.0 or 1.1 is being
referred to. By the time XQuery 1.0 gets to REC this may be a practical
issue. A link should be added to whichever is relevant.

Andrew Watt