Re: [xml-dev] XPath 2.0 - how much of XQuery should it include?

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:45:11 +0100
To: jeni@jenitennison.com
CC: xml-dev@lists.xml.org, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> (b) you have to write it in XML Schema rather than XQuery/XSLT.

which rather drives a hole through the argumment that XPath2 is not
dependent on Schema but takes a PSVI from any source.

If I wanted all elements matching copyright/date to be years I'd much
rather do something like xsl:key specifying an Xpath match, together
with a type. Given that I have Xpath available why should I go to a
completely different language to specify some subcollection of my
elements that should be dates?

> There are still issues here:
yes.

David