Re: GSoC 2013 Project for RDFa

On 04/26/2013 11:58 PM, Tao Lin wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification. Now, I'd like to wrap things up and
> summerise the tasks: 1) include 25-40 RDFa examples from [1] [2] 2)
> provide a code submission module, by which anyone can submit their
> own examples, and test it with [2] 3) provide the short links of the
>  examples in 1) and 2), stored in database (sqlite) lasting for 30-90
>  days 4) make graph rendering (D3.js) for the examples with smoother
>  visualization, and test it with [1] 5) add a "template-mode" for
> developers to have the HTML auto-generated for them (no need to store
> them in database) 6) provide a way to transform the RDFa to JSON-LD
> .... do I miss anything?

No, that looks very good.

>> From all the tasks above, I can rank them according to my interests
>> and skills:
> 4) > 1) > 2) > 3) > 5) > 6) 4) is my favorite part, while 1) 2) 3)
> are highly related with each other. Therefore, I think I can happily
>  complete the first 4 tasks this summer without doubt. But for 5) and
>  6), I may mark them as the optional ones. If time permits, I can
> make 5) as well. Any comments?

That sounds like a good approach.

> I'll come up with a proposal with a project plan for your reviews.

You may want to include some screen mockups for #5 "template mode". You
might also want to put more emphasis on template mode, as a number of
people have been asking for a tool like that for a long time. I know the
visualization project is more interesting to you, but I'd switch #5 with
#4 to increase your chances of getting picked for GSoC. Creating a Web
developer utility to help people mark up people/places/events using a
simple tool would be very beneficial to beginning developers.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/