Re: Joseph S. GSoC project proposal

Hi Joseph,

On 04/25/2013 09:55 AM, Joseph J Short wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please find attached a draft of a project proposal for a 2013 Google
> Summer of Code project.
>
> It's based on the ``Internationalization checker overhaul'' section from
> your page at http://www.w3.org/2013/03/gsoc2013 , and on my discussions
> with Alexandre Bertails over IRC.
>
> I expect I can do a lot of work on it before next Friday, but the core
> idea is there. I would appreciate any advice, particularly on how
> realistic you think the project is. Or rather, how realistic you think
> my interpretation of the `starting point' idea is. Otherwise the section
> about my open source experience (ยง2.3) is probably the weakest part of
> the proposal; I've tried to fill it out in the same vein as someone who
> has no work experience applying for their first job. Do you think this
> will stand in the way of success?

I think it's a very good start.

> Further notes: It's in PDF format because I use LaTeX to write
> documents, when the time comes I shall paste in the text at
> https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/ and use their inline HTML
> editor to format it. I have added placeholders for recommendations from
> my professors. Based on your response to this initial draft, I shall
> fetch these recommendations next week and include them in my final
> submission.

Thomas Gambet may not register as an official mentor, so you can
remove his name from the proposal for now. He will very likely stay
around to answer questions though.

re: documentation, we'll just use Markdown as this is what's available
on GitHub. I will create the project there when the project is
(hopefully) accepted.

Alexandre.