Re: GSoC 2013 Project for RDFa

On 04/23/2013 05:08 AM, Tao Lin wrote:
>> The expectation for the GSoC project is 25-40 examples. The hope is
>> that you can create a system that allows others to submit code
>> examples for other vocabularies as well.
>
> Thanks to Gregg, I can directly use the 25 RDFa schema.org examples
> [1] for the visualization test. I find that there're several Good
> Relations RDFa examples [2], such as company, store, hotel, etc,
> which can be used for evaluating the code example submission function
> (the submission module, for short).

Great!

> 1) Who will use the submission module, the user or the administrator
> of http://rdfa.info/play/? Should the submission module become an
> administration tool hidden at the back-end, or visible in the
> front-end for the players of http://rdfa.info/play/?

It should be visible in the front-end. Anyone should be able to markup
an example in http://rdfa.info/play/ and then request that it be added
to the list of markup examples.

> 2) If there's a code submission module, a code removal module is
> also required, is that true?

I think that the code submission module is all we need for the time
being. I would expect that the people that run the RDFa website will
then take the code submitted and integrate it in a more permanent way in
the source code repository. We want to try and not create a large
database that must be backed up and managed on the rdfa.info website.

> 3) Should the example data be stored in a local database file
> (sqlite), as well as their short links?

Yes, that would be fine for the first pass.

>> http://rdfa.info/play/7fh3
>
> Aren't the short links permanent ones, are they?

Sorry, I was not very clear w/ the short links vs. permanent ones
discussion. There will be no permanent links, there will be only short
links.

> What do you mean by "timeout"? What for? How long for timeout? An
> hour or A Week?

The short links are guaranteed to last for 30-90 days, after which time
they will be deleted. This is to ensure that the sqlite database size
does not grow out of control while letting the link stay around long
enough for developers to cut/paste it to other developers.

>> PHP. The server is Apache running on Linux.
>
> I've not used PHP before. But I think I can grasp it within days.
> It's OK.

Good to hear.

>> Something like this, but with a much slicker UI:
>>
>> http://microformats.org/code/hcard/creator
>
> It has nothing to do with the code submission module, right?

Correct.

> We will never store the RDFa HTML generated by the developers in the
> playground database, is that true? It's just a client-side
> javascript work, I think.

Yes, that is correct.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.