Fwd: Re: Ben Talic reference GSoC2012

This guy is one of the front-runners for GSoC 2013, IMHO. He's on top of
his project proposal /and/ he has glowing reviews from his past GSoC mentor.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Ben Talic reference GSoC2012
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:15:48 -0400
From: Andrew Stillman <astillman@gmail.com>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>

Ben was our best intern last year!

See my comments below:

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2013, at 4:43 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Ben Talic gave me your contact information. He has submitted a
> proposal for GSoC 2013. I was wondering if you could let me know a
> bit about your experience with him. Specifically:
>
> 1. Was he dependable, delivering code on the schedule outlined in
> his GSoC application.

Yes. In fact he delivered on multiple projects beyond the original scope
of the project.

> 2. Was the code he wrote fairly solid?

Yes, he's got advanced understanding of object oriented program design.

> 3. How does he best work? In a team with lots of interaction, or by
> himself working on his own project?

He works very well independently, though he frequently blogged about his
work and sought out solutions from the community.

> 4. What are his worst traits?

He's sometimes so polite that he forgets to ask for clarification.

> 5. If you had to do another GSoC project, would he be in your top 3
> picks?

Absolutely.  If we were participating this year, we would have recruited
him.

> Thanks for any information you may be able to provide on Ben.

My pleasure!