Slow validations on some doctypes

From: Jaime Iniesta <jaimeiniesta@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 20:41:19 +0100
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Hi all, I posted this on the www-validator list but got no solution for
this. I guess it's too technical so I'm trying here:

I'm having a weird issue with my local installations of the 1.3 validator.

I'm validating this URL:

http://www.jedermann-gruppe.de/cms/der-verein

If I validate it on http://validator.w3.org it just takes 2 seconds to
respond, but when I do it on my local installation, it takes about a minute.

Other URLs are fine, but all within this site are super slow. It does not
seem a connectivity issue, as I can browse this site fine, ping, etc.

It does not happen on my local installation of validator.nu.

I've tried on 3 different servers, with ubuntu 32 bits and 64 bits, and
different locations (a dedicated server and a pair of virtual boxes on my
machine).

I can't find any error on the Apache logs, is there any other log to check?
Please notice that the validation goes OK, it returns 7 HTML errors, it's
just slow.

Can anyone with a local installation of the validator verify this?

How can I investigate / solve this?

Thanks!

--
Jaime Iniesta :: Ruby on Rails consultant
http://jaimeiniesta.com