Re: Unicorn and network access

From: Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 18:13:18 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: public-qa-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Le 18/05/2010 17:41, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> The Unicorn module I just wrote does its own network access;
> i.e. unicorn gives me a URI, I fetch it, and look at the contents.
>
> Is that as designed?
>
> i.e. if there are 5 observers, does the page get fetched 5 times?

Yes, one time per observer (or more if the observer decides to).
Actually, I think Unicorn also fetches it one time, to see if the
document can be reached to avoid calling many observers if that's not
necessary.

That may seem a lot, but I think that's the only way unless we used some
complicated caching mechanism on Unicorn's side (which could lead to a
loss of information btw).

Jean-Gui