Re: Proposal: Don't to XML wf-ness checks on text/html pages [was: Validator timeout and XML-LibXML bug]

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:30:54 +0300
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Cc: "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, ted@w3.org, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>, jean-gui@w3.org, tgambet@w3.org
On Saturday 19 June 2010, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> It just occurred to me that because these limitations concern XML
> constraints that are not enforced, it should be ok to run the
> wellformedness checks only in cases where OpenSP does not report any
> errors.

I committed this change to Mercurial on 22nd, and it's available for live
testing at http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/

The blip.fm/all test case is still very slow, but that no longer has anything
to do with XML::LibXML - Devel::NYTProf shows that the vast majority of time
is spent inside HTML::Template when we output the results page and the $lots
of errors/warnings (reported by OpenSP) in it.  Will see if there are some low
hanging fruits available there.