Validator timeout and XML-LibXML bug

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:27:09 +0200
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Hi Ville,

While investigating the source of the report of validator timeout (à la
[1]), I found your bug report to the XML-libxml maintainers:
which I gather hasn't seen much progress in the past two months.

I had a couple of questions that I hoped you might be able to answer:
* is there an open bug matching this problem in our own bugzilla? I had
a quick look and didn't find one, but it might be hidden into another
bug report; if you think there is none, I'll create one
* is this a bug new in 1.70? if so, do you know if reverting to 1.69 is
an option (i.e. do we rely on APIs that are specific to 1.70?)

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2010Jun/0013.html