Validator timeout and XML-LibXML bug

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:27:09 +0200
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Hi Ville,

While investigating the source of the report of validator timeout (à la
[1]), I found your bug report to the XML-libxml maintainers:
which I gather hasn't seen much progress in the past two months.

I had a couple of questions that I hoped you might be able to answer:
* is there an open bug matching this problem in our own bugzilla? I had
a quick look and didn't find one, but it might be hidden into another
bug report; if you think there is none, I'll create one
* is this a bug new in 1.70? if so, do you know if reverting to 1.69 is
an option (i.e. do we rely on APIs that are specific to 1.70?)

Thanks,

Dom

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2010Jun/0013.html