Re: Validator release 1.1 prepared

From: Thomas Gambet <tgambet@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:23:46 -0400
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
CC: ted@w3.org, public-qa-dev@w3.org
Hi Ville,

Thank you for your work on 1.1. We've been trying to make the release
without Ted since he is on vacation, but we were faced with a problem we
didn't manage to figure out. To deploy i created the tarballs with "make
dist". But once the 1.1 version is deployed the validator outputs a
message "Validation Output: Invalid" on certain uris (like www.w3.org)
with no more information. Apache logs show that the check script times
out. I tried touching the templates files but it didn't change anything
so we went back to 1.0. If you have some time and any idea of what is
going on i could make the release today or during the weekend, otherwise
Ted will probably figure this out when he is back.

Best,
Thomas Gambet