Re: Preparing for validator 0.8.6 release

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:52:50 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org, ted@w3.org
Cc: Mike Smith <mike@w3.org>
On Tuesday 16 February 2010, Ted Guild wrote:
> Ted Guild <ted@w3.org> writes:
> > Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> writes:
>
> []

> >> What's the status of this?  The 0.8.6 release didn't happen yet, I'd
> >> like to retry soon.  Next week?
> >
> > Adding Mike to see if he can fill us in there.
>
> I discussed with Mike in IRC and he upgraded the validator.nu HTML5
> pieces just now.

Ok.  Any changes I should be aware of?  My local validator instance always
hits validator.nu directly (I have no local copy of it running) so I suppose
if there had been incompatibilities I might have noticed, but then again I'm
mostly just a casual user of this interface.

> > For a release either this week or next I can help out, preferably not
> > on a Tuesday.
>
> For personal reasons I may not be able to get back to this for the rest
> of this week.  I hope to find some time some evening and will review
> notes on how we do validator releases.

I have been insanely busy with other things as well.  But next week looks
better, I think I can arrange some time to help out with the release if
needed.  Let me know how it looks.