Preparing to release link checker 4.6

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:12:40 +0300
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Cc: ted@w3.org
Hello,

I think it's about time for a new link checker release, 4.6, basically
including what's currently in CVS.  From the NEWS file:

Version 4.6
- Support for checking links in CSS.
- Results UI improvements, added "progress bar".
- Support for larger variety of character and content encodings.
- Support for HTTP responses with > 4kB header lines.
- Additional output suppress options in command line mode.
- Improved heuristics when passed non-absolute URLs.
- Support for cookies (command line only for now).
- More "false positive" failure avoidance efforts for "make test".
- The set of forbidden protocols is now configurable.
- New dependencies: CSS-DOM >= 0.09.
- Updated dependencies: Perl >= 5.8.

This code is running at http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink , testing welcome.
I plan to tag CVS, roll the tarball, and upload to CPAN later this week unless
something critical is found.

Regarding deployment, there's a new dependency on CSS-DOM CPAN distribution
(plus its dependencies, at least constant-lexical, Tie-Util, and Sub-Delete).
Also, I'm not sure how the W3C branding issue (similar to the validator's) is
currently handled in the instances running on the validator.w3.org servers,
but there are references to no_w3c.png in bin/checklink and
docs/checklink.html which should probably be replaced with w3c.png.