Re: Initial remarks on Unicorn

Le 07/10/2009 16:45, Steven Pemberton a écrit :
> Do you content negotiate? I went to some pages that I *thought* content
> negotiated betwen HTML and XHTML, but your validator only seemed to look
> at the HTML version.

Do you have a URI handy? I think the behavior depends on each
validator/checker.

>>> 4. Please include a "try again" button, so that you can do edit -
>>> validate - edit - validate cycles easily.
>>
>> Besides the fact that this button wouldn't be able to check resources
>> first submitted by file upload, I'm not sure to see the point here as
>> browsers can already refresh pages.
>
> That's because you know that refreshing the page does a revalidation.
> Most users won't be aware of that...

Interesting. I'll add that on the TODO list.

>>> 6. .intro    Property  margin doesn't exist : 0 0 0 0
>>>     .intro {width: 60%; border: thin black solid; background-color:
>>> #ccf; float: left; margin: 0 0 0 0}
>>>     What's wrong with 'margin'?
>>
>> I couldn't reproduce this, can you give us the URI to Unicorn's results?
>
> http://qa-dev.w3.org/unicorn/observe?ucn_uri=www.internetguideto.com%2Flondon&ucn_lang=en&ucn_task=conformance#

This error is reported by the CSS validator:
http://qa-dev.w3.org:8001/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internetguideto.com%2Flondon&profile=css21&warning=2

It seems to be because the space before the word margin is not a regular
one (perhaps it is a non-breaking space).

> By the way, I now see that it says "This document has passed the test:
> W3C HTML Validator" even though it has two errors, and the bar is
> coloured red.

Thomas fixed it a moment ago.

Jean-Gui