Re: releasing current CSS validator code

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:20:50 -0500
Cc: Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>, Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, "public-qa-dev@w3.org list" <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>

Hi everyone.

Quick status update on the release of the CSS validator.

1) the s/2008/2009/ and other UI changes, as well as the donation/
sponsorship block, have been taken care of

2) Thanks to Jean-Gui, we have a much better jar/war build, which
should alleviate a lot of problems faced by people when installing the
validator on their server.

3) I have gone through the bugzilla changes since the last CSS
validator release (March 2008):

And a first draft of a changelog follows:

* Fixing crashes of the validator due to some malformed syntax

* Fixing problems using the generated jar with classpaths, file paths,
templates, velocity

* Fixes of SOAP (API) output

* Handling of malformed declarations

* Grammar fixes

* Translation, typo fixes

* Translations completed: Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian,
Upcoming translations: Persian (Farsi)

Yves, Jean-Gui, I'm sure there is more  things that were worked on
without having a bug report in bugzilla. Please feel free to add in
this thread, I will collect everything and will quickly go through CVS
commits to look for more.

Tomorrow I will go through the 50+ bugs listed above, and make sure we
have regression tests in the test suite.