Re: Link checker 4.4 slight delay due to image URL issues

Hi Ville,

On 12-Feb-09, at 11:13 AM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Ok, I made links relative and bundled everything else except the
> donation
> program stuff in the tarball, and just uploaded 4.4 to CPAN.

Great! It's on CPAN now indeed. I saw that the CpanTester seem to
point at a number of FAIL.
http://www.cpantesters.org/show/W3C-LinkChecker.html#W3C-LinkChecker-4.4

the error seems to consistently be:
“Can't locate LWP/RobotUA.pm”

Odd... requiring LWP in Meta.YML should be enough to ensure that
RobotUA is functional, shouldn't it?

> I tried to make the dir structure in the tarball mimic the one on
> validator.w3.org so that no changes should be necessary when
> updating the
> current version on validator.w3.org to the "real" 4.4.  It should be
> safe to
> just "cp -R images docs /path/to/validator/docroot" from the extracted
> tarball dir (actually I suppose copying the images dir isn't even
> necessary)
> when updating it on validator.w3.org, but I haven't been able to
> verify this,
> so approach with care.

Since the images used are the same as the ones used by the markup
validator, I actually didn't need to copy anything. cvs update to the
right tag and make, make install seem to have done the trick.

Thanks!