Re: xml errors for validator (config file)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:27:49 -0500
Cc: "public-qa-dev@w3.org list" <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>

Hi Karl,

On 5-Feb-09, at 2:08 AM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> A first step and a few questions for a config file for xml parsing
> coming from libxml2

Very nice! I can confirm that the identifier numbers are the same I
receive from the API.
Great news!

> I wonder if the next step would be to match those into some of the
> error messages found in parser.c such as
>
> <msg 6>XML_ERR_INVALID_HEX_CHARREF</msg>
>
> matching with lines 284-285 of parser.c
>
>        case XML_ERR_INVALID_HEX_CHARREF:
>            errmsg = "CharRef: invalid hexadecimal value\n";

Yes, I think that's the natural next step.

One small request: can we use, instead of
<msg 6>
something like
<msg libxml2-6>
?

That would help distinguish the libxml2 error messages from the ones
given by opensp, and in the future, by other parsers.

Thanks!