Re: Preparing for validator 0.8.6 release

Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>, 2009-12-03 12:12 -0500:

> Ville Skytt¸«£ <ville.skytta@iki.fi> writes:
>
> > I think validator 0.8.6 is ready to be released.  I've updated the "what's
> > new" section, see http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/whatsnew.html#v086
>
> Mike Smith and Yudai Iwasaki have been working some on the html5
> validator and were considering working on improving the interactions
> with the markup validator.  I do not know where they stand on that but
> figured I should make the introduction.

Since the last time we deployed a new W3C validator release, there
have been some significant changes to the upstream (validator.nu)
sources for the HTML5 facet, and Henri Sivonen is now working on
some validator.nu parser changes. So I would propose that we
consider waiting to release until Henri gets those changes
completed and landed. I anticipate that Henri will probably get
that done before the 17th, so perhaps we could plan to do deploy
0.8.6, with the updated HTML5 facet, by the 17th.

We have not done any work yet on improving the interactions
between the HTML5 facet and core W3C validator.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/