Re: Upcoming changes in the classpath layout of Validator.nu

(Resending to list.)

Hi,

On Nov 13, 2008, at 18:45, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> On 10-Nov-08, at 3:56 PM, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>>> Just a heads-up for a change that I think may affect the way the
>>> W3C deploys Validator.nu as a validation back end:[...]
>>>
>> Noted, thanks for the heads up. So far I've tried to keep the
>> validator.nu instance as vanilla as possible, so hopefully that
>> change will not bite.
>
> I tried installing validator.nu from scratch and running it on a new
> server today, and ran into a small issue you may want to know about
> (stack trace copied below).

Whoa. That didn't happen in my sandbox on Mac OS X, so I thought it
was specific to the classloader on Windows. I'll investigate.

As a quick fix, since you aren't using the the HTML 4 / XHTML 1
functionality anyway, if you remove the lines for those schemas from
validator/presets.txt and rerun the build/build.py all, the result
should run and have HTML5 functionality.

> This made me wonder whether you had implemented any tagging system
> to only sync the codebase to a tested, stable version.

I haven't but I should. Sorry about the inconvenience.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi