Re: Upcoming changes in the classpath layout of Validator.nu

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:56:54 -0500
Cc: "public-qa-dev@w3.org list" <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>

Hi Henri,

On 10-Nov-08, at 7:35 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Just a heads-up for a change that I think may affect the way the W3C
> deploys Validator.nu as a validation back end:
>
> Validator.nu is switching from a private fork of oNVDL to a branch
> of the upstread jing-trang project. As a result, the classpath
> layout around oNVDL/Jing and Saxon 9 is going to change soon. That
> is, if your classpath is currently hard-coded somewhere outside
> build.py, it will break.

Noted, thanks for the heads up. So far I've tried to keep the
validator.nu instance as vanilla as possible, so hopefully that change
will not bite. Note that I plan to push the new version of the markup
validator, including the plug to validator.nu, either to a production
release or to a beta test, within the next 2-3 weeks, so notice of any
kind of "dangerous" change will be welcome indeed.

Many thanks,