hunting for CSS validator “Regressions” in latest code

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:51:22 -0400
To: public-qa-dev hacking list <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

I ran the current test suite for the CSS validator today, trying to
check if the latest, much cleaner code (especially in the grammar) was
causing any regression to the known, fixed bugs.

So far I mostly found one issue with
(which I reopened)

In the "inherit" department, the test file
yields a lot of errors when tested with css3 profile, but I think that
test file may be bogus (gotta check the specs in greater detail).
Ditto for a couple of test files in the css2 area.

Another little thing I noticed is that the warning for the absence of
a generic font-family appears to now be "under the radar", ie hidden
from view unless one selects "all warnings". Given that it is a
recommendation in the spec prose, should we raise the warning back to
default level?