JSON ouput for Markup Validator

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:29:51 +0900
To: david@allsopmedia.com, Olivier Théreaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: "public-qa-dev@w3.org list" <public-qa-dev@w3.org>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>

Hi,

this morning around 11:20am (Japan Time), I had a discussion with
David about JSON output for markup validator on IRC (#w3c/freenode). I
look at the [source code][1] of the validator, specifically check].
Olivier was going to bed in Canada, but I asked him quickly if he was
against me committing   something for a JSON output. He invited me to
do so.

I decided to look at the [documentation][3] of validator.nu and its
JSON output. And I have created a [JSON template][5] and modified
accordingly the [check program][4].

Please review, and suggest improvements.

[1]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/
[2]: http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/check?output=json&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fyahoo.com
[3]: http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Validator.nu_JSON_Output
[4]: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check